Oak Meadow Montessori School offers an authentic, accredited Montessori experience for children ages 15 months through Sixth Grade and prepares them emotionally, academically, and physically to fulfill their greatest potential. We do this in many ways:
- Our staff are professionals who have chosen to study the scientifically designed Montessori system of education. All our lead guides have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in addition to their MACTE-accredited Montessori training and certification. Additionally, every staff member understands the importance of respect for the child and seeks to get to know and understand the adult human the child is to become.
- OMMS believes in professional development for its staff. All our classroom staff have active memberships in a variety of Montessori organizations, including American Montessori Society, Association Montessori International, International Montessori Council, and Montessori Educational Programs Internationale.
- OMMS Leadership are trained and certified Montessori guides with many years of Montessori classroom and leadership experience.
- Our campus offers 5+ acres of playgrounds and natural areas for students to explore, play, and learn about the natural world outside of the classrooms.
- Our classroom environments are warm and welcoming, offering beautiful Montessori materials designed for assisting children in the development of independence, self-discipline, and a love for learning.
- OMMS’s number one priority is always meeting the needs of the children in our care. We work closely with families to provide the very best Montessori experience for our students.
- Our OMMS graduates report that they were well-prepared academically, socially, and emotionally when they moved on to other school environments. They enter middle school with greater maturity and can handle typically difficult social situations with ease. They become leaders within their classes because of the skills and lessons they learned while at OMMS.